Edcite is a relatively new ed-tech tool that is a powerful assessment platform that teachers can use to develop and assign online assessments. In today’s world of online, state assessments, it is imperative that students are familiar with online assessments and how to navigate and be successful on these assessments. Edcite provides a FREE platform that teachers can use to implement online assessment in their classroom.
This mini-course will walk you through how to use Edcite to create and utilize the site to create online assessments for your students. The course will also provide insights how to best use the sight for both formative and summative assessment.
If you are already familiar with Edcite and have an account and class already set up, you can skip the lesson tasks BUT you MUST complete ALL of the assignments. The assignments should be very easy and not take too much time if you are already familiar with the Edcite platform.
- Set up an Edcite teacher and student account and a class for this module.
- Create an online assignment/assessment with various types of questions for a class you teach and assign the assessment to the class for this module.
- Grade an Edcite assignment/assessment and provide feedback to a student.
- Explain how the data generated in Edcite can be used to modify classroom instruction.
- Describe how you can use the various tabs in the assignment settings to address different instructional needs of your classroom.