Overview: Bringing real world projects to the classroom is a clear response to the student who questions, “When will I ever use this…?” Technology and media bring the entire world to our students’ fingertips, and they are eager to establish themselves as active citizens. Working on authentic problems arising from community issues is a way for teachers to engage and motivate students (of all ages) with relevant and rigorous content, problem-solving, and presentation skills. This book presents dozens of example projects along with teacher “how to” blueprints, plans, strategies, lists of valuable tips, and lessons learned from failures. Book study participants will be challenged to guide students as they identify the root cause(s) of a situation, brainstorm solutions, reach out to experts in the field, collaborate, design, and test theories, and finally present an action plan.
General Educator Specialized Training for Competencies addressed:
- Ability to select, adapt, or create differentiated curricula
- Ability to provide an extension or replacement of general curriculum, modify learning process, and select alternative assignments or projects.
- Ability to Understand and address social and emotional needs.
- Ability to recognize and respond to characteristics and needs of students from underrepresented populations.
- Ability to use data to measure and monitor growth of gifted students and use formal and informal assessments.
- Required text: Purchase a copy of the text at Amazon by clicking on the button below. The text is required for this course.
[button size=”long” url=”https://www.amazon.com/Setting-Standard-Project-Based-Learning/dp/1416620338/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1502893508&sr=1-1&keywords=setting+the+standard+for+project+based+learning” open_new_tab=”true” text=”Purchase book from Amazon” icon=”” type=”success” bottom_margin=””]
“Prior to Starting the Book Study: What You Will Need”
MRESC Book Studies: Powered by Google Classroom (Simple, Easy & Accessible from Every Devise)
Google Account? To participate in the MRESC Online Book Studies, you will need to have a G-Suite for Education** account, or a personal Google account.
Important Note for G-Suite For Education Users: If you plan to participate in the online course using your district account, you must do the following prior to the start of the class
(1) Notify Your Building Administrator & IT Department that you would like to use your G-Suite for Education account.
(2) Request that the District confirm it has “White Listed” the Educational Service Center domain (mresc.org). If this step has not been completed, you will not be able to accept the Google Classroom invitation or course code at the start of the class.
(3) Make sure your district has given educators the ability to “join classes” created from outside organizations. Google Classroom’s “default” settings prohibit the joining of classes from outside your school.
- What if the District I Am Unable to Use My District G-Suite Account? If you are not authorized to use your G-Suite for Education account for the online book study, you will need to utilize a personal Google account for the course.
- Setting Up Your Personal Google Account: If you do not have a G-Suite for Education Account (or are unable to use your district account), you will need to utilize a personal Google Account for the course. You can create your personal google account at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en. During the account creation process you will have the ability to utilize an existing email address as your username and account email.
When Will I Receive More Information from the MRESC Registrar Regarding Class? Approximately five (5) days prior to the start of your course, paid registrants (PayPal, Credit Card, or by Purchase Order) will receive an email from the ESC requesting that you confirm the email address for the associated Google Account that you will be using for the duration of the course. Important: Our team, will use this email to link the course to your Google Account, and send you an invitation (or custom course code) to join the course.
- Signing Into the Class: On the first day of class you will receive an invitation or custom course code to login to the online book study. You will receive this invitation from the MRESC Registrar or Book Study Facilitator. For additional information on how to “join” a class, please go to: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6020297
Interested in More Information about Google Classroom: Click on the Button Below
[button size=”long” url=”https://classroom.google.com” open_new_tab=”true” text=”Learn More About Google Classroom” icon=”” type=”shadow” bottom_margin=””]