To work effectively in manufacturing, students must be very proficient in math skills. Measurement and math are the languages of manufacturing. This module will review and address the math skills that are important for a career in manufacturing. You should pre-assess students’ math skills prior to each lesson in this module. Depending on the students’ proficiency in math, there may need to more focus on certain math concepts than others. You will not know which skills need to be addressed if you do not pre-assess your students. This pre-assessment can be informal questioning of simple pre-tests.
Learning Goals for Module 4:
- Understand and identify whole number and decimal numbers.
- Understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division math operators with whole numbers.
- Understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division math operators with decimals.
- Solve problems using whole and decimal number mathematical operations.
- Understand and identify fractions.
- Understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division math operators with whole fractions.
- Solve problems using fractions.
- Solve percent problems.
- Understand measurement principles and techniques with rulers and dial calipers.
- Measure and convert common quantities using the English System.
- Measure and convert common quantities using the Metric System.
- Convert English measure to metric and vice versa.
- Dial calipers and rulers
- Objects to measure with inside and outside diameters, and inside depth measurements.