Cognitive Coaching: Improve Culture, Instruction, and Learning
Sponsors: Sidney City Schools and the Midwest Regional Educational Service Center are partnering to bring the nationally renowned “Cognitive Coaching Seminar” to west central, Ohio.
Seminar Overview: The mission of Cognitive Coaching is to produce self-directed persons with the cognitive capacity for excellence both independently and as members of a community. Research indicates that teaching is a complex intellectual activity and that teachers who think at higher levels produce students who are higher achieving, more cooperative, and better problem solvers. It is the invisible skills of teaching, the thinking processes that underlie instructional decisions, which produce superior instruction. Cognitive Coaching is a research-based model that capitalizes upon and enhances teachers’ cognitive processes.
This eight (8) day seminar is perfect for all educators that want to make a difference in their schools.” The strategies and tools are transformative, proven, and practical in their application.
During this eight day seminar, participants will learn:
– how to support individuals in becoming self-directed
– conversational tools for coaching
– strategies and tools for developing trust
– how to use data to mediate thinking
– how to develop high levels of efficacy, craftsmanship, flexibility, and interdependence in individuals.
Credit & Contact Hours:
- Contact Hours: Forty-Eight (48) Contact Hours Provided by the MRESC
- Graduate Credit (Optional):Up-To-Four (4) Semester Hours through Ashland University will be offered to interested participants for an additional fee of $235 per semester hour. Payment instructions and other information will be handed out at the training.
Daily Agenda (Eight (8) Days Total:
- June 5-6 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Lunch on Your Own)
- July 30-31 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Lunch on Your Own)
- September 10-11 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Lunch on Your Own)
- October 11-12 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Lunch on Your Own)
Location: Sidney City Schools- Board of Education Building, 750 South Fourth Avenue, Sidney, Ohio 45365
Looking for additional information about Cognitive Coaching and other work from Thinking Collaborative? Please click on the link below.
[button size=”default” url=”http://www.thinkingcollaborative.com/seminars/cognitive-coaching-seminars/” open_new_tab=”true” text=”More Info on Cognitive Coaching” icon=”” type=”default” bottom_margin=””]